Bee my honey ! | funny origami

Social Icons

facebookyoutube pageemail

Bee my honey !

Post image for Bee My Honey!
This origami bee was born a fly!
A couple of years ago my friend Nancy Tschorn asked if I could fold half dozen origami bees to give as a gift to her twelve-year-old beekeeping grandson. My challenge was that the only origami bees I had seen were quite complex. Even if I could locate diagrams, making one complex bee would take me a while.
Making half a dozen bees seemed out of the question!

Fortunately, at that time I had been folding a fly created by Ángel Écija. With masterful simplicity this fly takes advantage of the white of one side of a piece of paper and black on the other.
Perhaps, I thought, this fly could become a bee…
After experimenting with the color of the paper and a tweak here and there with the wings and head, I found success!
I folded eight of these bees for Nancy. In return she gave me a large jar of delicious Vermont honey. Who would have thought that these paper bees would produce such great honey?
The following video shows how to make the fly, and what needs to be done to turn it into a bee. Grateful acknowledgment to Ángel Écija for granting permission to demonstrate his fly model in this video.
………………
by LEYLA TORRES on JULY 6, 2012
in Origami spirit

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

You may olso like :

You may olso like :
 

Follow us be email adress

Enter your email address  here
 to get "Funny-Origami free eBooks"



Funny-Origami

Hi! this is "Funny-Origami", a website about the Origami art and others cool stuffs, the videos in this website are from the director "Jipafi", the diagrams are from other websites, So we want to say "Have fun"

Pulpit rock

Advertisement